Saturday, September 8, 2018

Friday Nights and Stadium Lights

‪In the fall, each long week culminates with Friday Night Lights. 
Each Friday night at some point I experience a moment of total calm. Everything gets quiet in my mind and my heart is at peace. Tonight it was during the national anthem. Standing on the sidelines between the cheerleaders and the band. Seeing the football boys stand proudly and ROTC on the field with the Stars and Stripes. ‬
I know in those moments I am home. I’m where I’m supposed to be and doing what I’m supposed to do. It’s what I never knew I wanted to be when I grew up. Sometimes the weeks are hard, the job is hard and the hours are long. But it’s always worth it. 
To the kids who’ve shared their lives with me and the kids who challenge me to be the best I can for them. 
Thank you. 
Thank you for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment