Monday, April 1, 2013

All Aboard!

Today is the first day of the 2013 A to Z Challenge! I am excited to participate in the challenge this year. Last year I made it all the way through and it was such a great learning experience for me. I learned a lot about myself and what I need to work on as a coach and as a writer. I am looking forward to taking those experiences and sharing what I have learned so that other coaches and cheerleaders can learn from my mistakes and failures. Even after 18 years of coaching and mentoring, I continue to learn and grow each time I work with a new group of athletes.

Cheerleading is constantly evolving and changing. A good coach takes a lot of time and energy to keep up with the safety side and the trendy side all while keeping the kids interested. Thank goodness for an understanding husband!

I have planned out most of my posts and only a few are repeats from last year. The ones I will be repeating are the most popular topics that I think I could elaborate on to provide more information or present a topic in a different way.

I hope that you will follow my journey over the next thirty days. If you are already a coach, I hope that you take some positive information from it. If you are not a coach or involved in cheerleading, I hope that you gain a little insight into the wonderful world of spirit leaders.

Best of luck to my compadres that are also starting on their A to Z journey today!

No comments:

Post a Comment